Job Offer; Travel Agent
Published on November 4th 2020
At Voyages Coste , Co-operative of Solidarity in sustainable tourisim, we are driven by the same passion: Make tourism a sustainable industry for the regions of the Minganie, Anticosti island and the Lower North Shore . We also ensure the sale of the services of our 100 members and any other North Shore tourism service provider doing business with our cooperative. It is the safety and peace of mind to our approximately 2000 annual customers by offering them quality services in the areas of travel to our territory.
We are looking for a dynamic person to occupy the following position: Travel Agent, a regular position at 40 hours per week including a training period of 120 hours followed by a regular schedule. This includes the possibility of working evenings and weekends in summer (June to September) and winter (January to April). Otherwise regular schedule from Monday to Friday.
Looking for a stimulating workplace with challenges that match your ambitions? You are driven by diversity and teamwork? You have a sense of commitment to the mission of our cooperative? Want to contribute to sustainable tourism in your community?
Here are the responsibilities of the position we offer, which reports to the general manager:
- Advise customers on packages and other products offered by our travel agency.
- Making transactions and reservations (package, accommodation, transport, catering, cruise…).
- Ensure the necessary follow-up with travellers during and after their stay.
- Inform visitors and promote the products and services offered by our cooperative.
- Carry out all other tasks related to the activities that your immediate supervisor might entrust to you.
- Have previous training as a travel agent or are willing to take one in the workplace.
- Be familiar with the North Shore in general and more particularly the regions of the Minganie, Anticosti island and the Lower North Shore.
- Hold considerable knowledge of the mission of our cooperative.
- Have great relational skills, which allow you to adequately meet the needs of customers and maintain a good team spirit.
- Are organized, care about customer satisfaction and be comfortable with achieving sales goals and teamwork.
- Detain a good ability to work under pressure and demonstrate initiative, positive attitude, and autonomy in the performance of your duties.
- Have a good knowledge of computer science and a good writing ability. Are comfortable speaking and writing in French as well in English and you intend to improve.
You already have travel agent training, or you are willing to take training that will be provided either by our co-op or by an external resource. Obtaining the Travel Agent Certificate issued by the Consumer Protection Office is an obligation. To be eligible for the employability program, you must be aged between 15 and 30 years of age, you must have a post secondary diploma, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada.
16$ / hour
Expected start of employment
December 7th 2020 to April 3rd 2021 with possibility of extension