Mission and Values
The Cooperative for a Sustainable Tourism Environment (CoSte) organizes and markets tourism products for Minganie, Anticosti and the Lower North Shore. We aim to promote the people and the region’s natural setting and maximize the positive spin-offs within participating communities by offering travelers exciting, dynamic, authentic and memorable experiences.
The agency promotes the values of respect of the customer, the employees, members, communities and the environment; authenticity in the products and experiences proposed in accordance with the past and the reality of today for the territory and its inhabitants; and sharing of its knowledge and its wealth.
The main objective is to deliver quality tour packages for client satisfaction while promoting the region and contributing to its economic development (principles of sustainable development). During this process, CoSte anticipates economical, cultural, social and educational benefits.
- Social impact: a highlighting of people’s values, solidarity between visitors and locals, creation of quality employment opportunities, networking, knowledge, and experience sharing
- Development of Innu – Quebec partnerships
- Human capital: transfer of knowledge, training, development of entrepreneurial activity and enrichment of the region
- Economic impact: maximize the economic benefits across the entire territory and create new employment opportunities
- Environmental impact (ecological capital): environmental awareness, including ecological awareness in the municipalities
- Impact on cultural capital: promoting the creativity potential of artists, artisans, musicians and local storytellers; collaboratively developing cultural policies and programs to preserve heritage
- Elaboration and collaboration in the production of training projects, tourism education and the local hotel industry dedicated to First Nations communities in the territory.
Our values essentially rest on the intrinsic details of sustainable development, as defined by the Québec government :
- « health and quality of life »
- « social equity and solidarity »
- « environmental protection »
- « economic efficiency »
- « participation and commitment »
- « access to knowledge and subsidiarity »
- « partnership and cooperation »
- « respect for ecosystems»
- « protection of cultural heritage and preservation of biodiversity »
- « responsible production and consumption »
- « internalization of costs »